Friday, May 15, 2009

Goodbye Mountains!

I receive a lot of my inspiration from my amazing sister-in-law (Jenni) who sends me terrific emails that encourage me to grow in the Lord.

Case in point: this email that she sent back in February, and I had it marked to read again, but I forgot to, until now. I’m not sure who wrote this, but I love it. (I feel like I always say that!)

So here it is... I hope it encourages your spirit. Happy Friday.

"And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying
trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig
tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea,
it will be done" (Matthew 21:21, AMP).

Today's Word from Joel
We've all had seasons when the challenges of life feel overwhelming. During those
times, it's easy to be tempted to talk about how bad things are. Maybe you
received a bad medical report, or maybe you're facing a financial obstacle. But
the more you talk about something, the bigger it becomes in your mind. Instead,
you've got to dig your heels in and say, "No, I am not going to give life to
that defeat. I am not going to speak sickness over myself. I'm not going to
speak lack. I'm not going to speak fear. I'm choosing a different report. I
believe the report of the Lord which says I am blessed. I am favored. I am
prosperous. I am healthy. I am whole. I'm a victor, not a victim."Remember, even
if you don't see how things could ever work out, God does. You've got to speak
to those mountains in your life and declare favor over those situations. Instead
of talking to God about how big your problems are, talk to your problems about
how big your God is! As you speak to your mountains, they will be moved, and you
will move forward into the victory God has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word which is life to my
spirit. I receive Your strength today and choose to speak to the mountains, so I
can move forward in the victory You have in store for me. In Jesus' Name.
Amen.


post signature

2 comments:

Living In His Arms said...

LOLOL, Ahhhh you're just saying that because you know I read your blog faithfully. LOLOL

Dreamer said...

haha. Maybe. Just kidding. No I don't! Sometimes, I'm like "HM, what can I blog about today?" then I'm like, "Let me check my emails from jenni and see what I can find." haha! just kidding. :) Love you.