Monday, July 20, 2009

Actions and Truth

“Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue,
but in actions and truth.” ~ 1 John 3:18

I know I have a lot to write about and catch up on... and I can’t wait to blog about my amazing trip to Africa where God is doing incredible things. However, I do not have time to write all of that now. Instead, I wanted to start off with the Scripture above, which is what is heavy on my heart right now.

Since I’ve been home, I’ve been dealing with the “post-ministry letdown” syndrome that Cindy warned us about. The feeling of, “Ok, what’s next”, “How can I help?” I am burdened, happy, sad, rejoiceful... all at the same time. I keep staring at the faces in my pictures and remembering their smiles and laughs. I keep watching the videos of the kids dancing and singing. I’m haunted by the feeling that there are children in refugee camps scared everyday for their safety. It’s hard to explain all that I’m feeling. But all I know, is that I MUST do something. I’m not sure what the “something” is, or even the possible “somethings”, but I’m praying for direction and wisdom. I have a few ideas, but there is still this overwhelming feeling of “will it ever be enough?!” But, God is reminding me (AGAIN), that HE alone is God. I am not God, and it is not my job to BE God. It is only my duty to do what He leads me to do.

With that... let me introduce you to one of my favorite pictures from the trip. This little boy lives in a refugee camp in Gulu, Uganda. He was falling asleep in the middle of the crowd, and I motioned for him to come sit in my lap. He was so precious.


Pleas pray for me. That I will find my part in all this and that I will prove my love for these kids, my love for Village of Hope, and most of all, my love for the Lord, through “actions and truth.”


post signature

1 comment:

Living In His Arms said...

God will direct your path. He will not leave you hanging. He placed a desire and passion on your heart and He alone knows how He is going to use you with His plan for them. Be patient and He will direct your path.

Psalms 119:34-36
"Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands,for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain."