Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What I'm Thankful For

So... I was checking out my friends Blog, Penny Lane Designs... and she was reminding us that it is good to give thanks! (Although, we should always be mindful to give thanks, this is definitely the season that people stop to actually think about it.)

So, in honor of her "thankful" spirit, I thought I would make a little mini-series of the things that I am thankful for (also because I am hard-pressed for finding something to Blog about). So, I'm not trying to be cliche in choosing this first thing to be thankful for - but as I started thinking... that's what I thought of first!

So.. foremost, I am so thankful for God... and thankful that He has always been so faithful to me. Faithful has always been my one word to describe God in my life. I've always thought that my childhood story could be a Lifetime movie. The kind where you laugh, cry, cringe, and walk away thinking, "that surely didn't happen." I often look back on it and think the same thing! But, it's not because I'm so emotionally mighty or because I have super powers to forget what I've been through, or because I have the sad ability to surpress my feelings... it's because despite what I've been through - I've always served a faithful God. One who held me often, cried with me, and mourned with me many times. He was also one to send others to hold me, cry with me, and mourn with me when He knew that I longed for the comfort of someone's physical touch. He's been my daddy when I didn't have one, my best friend when I felt like mine had betrayed me, and my all-in-all when I looked to other things to fulfill me. He is so kind in reminding me that He is the One who has always been there and never let me down. Looking back now, I see where God had His handprint in my life... all the time... in every situation. Anytime I've been at the brink of a meltdown - there He is. Reminding me that He is still "Him". The "Him" that I have grown to love more and more. The "Him" that is good, that is loving, that is caring, and that is faithful. And that is why I'm so thankful for Him!!

I could go on and on about the people in my life that I am thankful for, but I feel like for now - I just want to give my shout out to my Father. (Friends, family, co-workers... keep your eyes on the look out as I attempt to write about the different things I am thankful for!)

Oh, and be sure to check it out... Penny Lane Desings is giving away an awesome Blog Makeover!

post signature

1 comment:

penny lane designs said...

awww-thanks for the shoutout shanny! i am glad you read my blog. :)