Thursday, June 4, 2009

Prove 'em Wrong

"A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." ~ Walter Bagehot

I like this quote (surprise, surprise). I like it mostly because I don’t understand why it is that people try to deflate our dreams? Is it because they think we're crazy for attempting them? Maybe it's because they want to protect us from getting hurt if our dreams don't come true? Maybe it's jealousy because they really don’t want us to achieve that really great thing... good or bad intentions, who really knows.

I heard someone on the radio the other day say that someone told this guy to “not get his hopes up.” He made a good point afterwards – what good is hope if you aren’t hoping for something good? Better to not hope at all, then to not get your hopes up.

So, this post is two part;

1. Don’t let others determine your destiny. Whether or not their intentions are good, they are not your Master. There is only One. One who desires that you live your best life, blessing others, and being all you were created to be. There will always be naysayers, or what I like to call “Sparkle Snuffers”, but I know that at the end of my life, I want to look back and know that I lived my life to its fullest and that I changed the world! (even if it’s a small portion of the world, my world!)

2. DREAM BIG!! (I feel like a broken record on this.) Life is too short and God is too good for us to not be doing something we are passionate about. Live in your Sweet Spot, Peeps. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about, read my Blog header.) God has created and designed us with special gifts, and He desires us to live our life to the fullest – in complete passion. Don’t lose hope!!! Dream big and expect!

Much love today to the blogger world today.

post signature

No comments: